The Community Actions for a Sustainable Barwon Heads (February 2016) document has been created by the Barwon Heads Sustainability Group and has been made possible through funding support from the Barwon Heads Community Bank.
- Purpose of this document:
This document is an update of the Community Plan for a Sustainable Barwon Heads Stage 1, which was released in 2013. The Stage 1 version of the plan was based on a number of community workshops, and largely contained the projects of the Barwon Heads Sustainability Group.
This updated document is an attempt to represent the 'Great Ideas' and 'Projects' of a much wider range of the community within Barwon Heads, with the intention of using this document to celebrate current projects and initiate broad discussion within Barwon Heads about possible future priority projects. Please note that this document does not show the actions of every group in Barwon Heads, but rather the actions of those groups that participated in the community consultation. Any group wishing to be included in future versions of this document is encouraged to contact the Barwon Heads Sustainability Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Community Actions document shows:
- Thematic summaries of the 'Great Ideas' for Barwon Heads gathered through community consultation
- 'Projects' occurring in Barwon Heads
- Links between 'Great Ideas' and 'Current Projects'
- Identification of 'Gaps' between 'Great Ideas' and 'Projects'
- Brief summary of 'Priority Projects' and 'Possible Future Priority Projects'.
- A range of community consultation events and documents have informed the development of this Plan:
- The previous version of this Community Plan (Stage 1)
- 'Pizza for Your Thoughts #2' community plan review workshop, October 2014
- Responses from the community at the 'Great Ideas for Barwon Heads' facilitated conversations at the 2015 Barwon Heads Festival of the Sea
- Interviews and/or written responses from the following local groups*:
Barwon Grove Golf Club
Barwon Heads Association
Barwon Heads Community Arts Garden
Barwon Heads Golf Club
Barwon Heads Primary School
Barwon Heads Senior Citizens Club
Barwon Heads Tennis Club
Barwon Heads Tourism & Traders Association
Bellarine for Refugees
Bop Bop Karrong (Early Learning Centre)
Festival of the Sea
Friends of the Bluff
Friends of the Lobster Pot (Barwon Estuary Interpretive Centre)
Holy Family Catholic Church
Ocean Grove Coastcare